How can you afford not to? That is what the nation's largest REITs are saying.
Simply put, you're losing money if you don't. Utility costs continually rise and residents use more when the amount they pay does not vary with consumption. Worse still, your property value is diminished as a result.
There are many good reasons to submeter:
- Utility submetering dramatically increases property value - more than any other ancillary service or comparable capital investment
- Utility submetering provides residents with fair utility bills that acurately reflect their use (allocation does not)-so residents are happier and don't move
- Utility rates are rising 10% per year on average-submetering protects you
- Payback can be as quick at one to two years
- Utility submetering helps to conserve water and energy and protect the environment